Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sister Farrill


This woman was a ray of pure sunlight every time she passed by in the halls, or when she smiled her loving, caring smile, or when she said how much she absolutely loved church. Sister Farrill was like my second grandma, and she was an inspiration to everyone around her. Sister Farrill suffered from MS. She carefully handled her situation of her muscles not moving for 20 years, and she didn't look at the negative. She always looked at the positive, and was so much happier with the amazing attitude she had. She really was a remarkable, wonderful woman, and I appreciate her with all my heart. On Friday, I was able to attend her funeral. It really was a spiritual time. But this poem really touched me that a friend of Sister Farrill's said:

Miss Me but let me go

When I finally come to the end of my road
The stars set for me
I want no gloom filled room

Why cry for a soul set free?
My soul was burdened.
And my life was my prison.

Miss me a little, but not for long
And not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that once we shared
This was something I had to do.
I needed to be free.

Miss me, but let me go.
For this is a journey we all must take each must go alone.
I had to end my pain.
So my life I did now take.

A step on the road to home where at last life dont nother me.
Sing no sad songs for me.
Laugh at all the things we used to do
Miss me, but let me go

|so when im gone miss me yes.
Cry for me no.
I am free now at last my soul is at peace.
So miss me but let me go

Amy Louise Kerswell

It seemed like Sis. Farrill would say something like this. She had a heart of gold. Today, when I went to her nursing home and peered into her room, reality hit me. She wasn't going to be laying in her bed as we came to talk to her. Then I thought of the poem. Even though we do miss her, we do have to let her go. She is much more happy now, and that is what we want for her.

1 comment:

  1. sister farrill loved u very much! You're such a great example and I love u to pieces.

    ReplyDelete